DIAGNOSTIC VS. ANTIBODY TESTING
Diagnostic testing is for those who think they may currently have COVID-19. The diagnostic test will tell the patient and health provider if the patient is currently infected with COVID-19.
Antibody testing is for those who have had or may have had COVID-19 and no longer have symptoms. The antibody test will help you know if you had been infected with COVID-19 and formed antibodies.
COVID-19 Diagnostic Testing
The CDC has developed a self-check system on their website for those who think they might have the Coronavirus and require testing. Click here to self-check.
- For frequently asked questions about the Coronavirus and testing from the FDA, click here.
ARIZONA TESTING BLITZ
Governor Ducey and the Arizona Department of Health Services recently launched a new initiative to significantly expand COVID-19 diagnostic testing for Arizonans. For the next five Saturdays (May 2, May 9, May 16, May 23, and May 30), several community providers will participate in the Arizona Testing Blitz, aiming to test 10,000 to 20,000 Arizonans each week.
Testing will be available to anyone who thinks they have been exposed to and could be infected with COVID-19 and will be based on criteria set by each testing site.
- For testing locations, click here.
ARIZONA DIAGNOSTIC TESTING LOCATIONS
- Banner has established four specimen collection sites in Arizona – three in the Phoenix metropolitan area and one in Tucson. If you are concerned that you might have COVID-19 and are experiencing symptoms such as fever or dry cough call 1-844-549-1851 and a member of our team will screen you over the phone. Phones will be operated 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday. In the Phoenix area, phones will also be operated from 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- NEW! Banner recently announced its largest and newest COVID-19 drive-thru collection site located at the Arizona State Fairgrounds. Drive-thru testing patients will enter the Fairgrounds at 17th Ave and McDowell (South Entrance).
- For more information about Banner Health testing, click here.
- Walgreens is offering tests in our area. If you think you need to be tested, click here to complete an assessment and be referred for rapid testing.
- Abrazo offers an online screening tool to determine if you need a test. Click here to start your self-assessment.
- If you have a fever of 100.4° or higher, a cough, or shortness of breath, call the nurse line at 480-587-6200 to be directed to the most appropriate place for care.
- You can also use their online screening tool to determine if you need a test. Click here to start your self-assessment.
- Dignity offers an online screening tool to determine if you need a test. Click here to start your self-assessment.
- Akos MD is offering diagnostic testing at an urgent care site in Glendale that’s open 24/7. Click here for more information.
- To help meet their goal of 1,000 testing sites across the country, CVS Health announced new testing sites in the West Valley:
- CVS Pharmacy, 4890 North Litchfield Road, Litchfield Park, AZ 85340
- CVS Pharmacy, 10727 West Olive Avenue, Peoria, AZ 85345
- CVS Pharmacy, 9172 West Union Hills Drive, Peoria, AZ 85382
Registration opens on Friday, May 29, 2020 . Click here for more information.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Arizona is the first in the nation to conduct statewide antibody testing of all health care workers and first responders. The State of Arizona is partnering with the University of Arizona to test 250,000 health care workers and first responders. There will be 31 testing sites across all 15 counties.
- For more information on this initiative, click here.
- If you are a health care worker or first responder, click here to register for a test.
ARIZONA ANTIBODY TESTING LOCATIONS
Sonora Quest Laboratories
- Sonora Quest Labs (SQL) is offering antibody testing at 25 of their Patient Service Centers.
- Currently, a doctor’s order is required to be tested, but beginning in early May, direct-to-consumer testing will be available.
- In order to be tested, you must be symptom-free for at least ten days prior to testing.
- SQL antibody testing locations and operating hours nearest Congressional District 8:
- 6320 W Union Hills Dr. Suite 160, Glendale, AZ 85308 | 8:00-4:00 M-F
- 9980 W Glendale Ave Suite 120, Glendale, AZ 85307 | 6:30-3:00 M-F
- 13856 W Waddell Rd Suite 107, Surprise, AZ 85379 | 7:00-4:00 M-F
- For more information on SQL antibody testing, click here.
- LabCorp is offering antibody testing at their patient service centers and physician office locations.
- Individuals must have a doctor’s order to be tested at a LabCorp patient service center.
- For more information, click here.
- CORE Institute in Sun City West and Phoenix is offering antibody testing.
- For more information and to schedule your antibody test, click here.
- ARCpoint labs is offering antibody testing. They are located at 15455 N. Greenway Hayden Loop, Ste C16, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
- In order to be tested, you must be symptom-free for at least seven days prior to testing.
- For more information, click here.